Looking for a family physician that will provide full scope of practice, which will include primary care (office practice) as well as inpatient and emergency medicine. Team player to work with the local physicians as well as the medical team within the community.
- Must reside in and have his/her primary residence in Athabasca
- Establish and maintain a full time community based practice within the community
- Provision of extended hours (including evening & weekends) of comprehensive care within the base community
- Provide hospital and call support as per call schedules, including full time participation in the Emergency Department and other call schedules as required.
- Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities
- Contribute to and participate in other administrative responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate is recruited for the community of Athabasca. Once chosen, the successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice or opening their own practice. This is the candidate’s independent business decision and will not be managed through the recruitment process. There is a Primary Care Network in the community.
PLEASE NOTE ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES MOVING FORWARD WITH INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED. Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.