We are seeking a 0.2 – 0.4 FTE psychiatrist for the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) – Central Team.
ACT is a wrap-around intensive outreach program for complex clients with severe and persistent mental illness. We are seeking a candidate who is interested and experienced in working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to support the care of this population of patients. Experience in working with concurrent disorders and Community Treatment Orders will be an asset. Specific responsibilities will include:
· Diagnostic assessment and management of new referrals while providing ongoing care and treatment to existing clients. Total caseload approximately 75-85 clients.
· Participation in regular clinical team meetings. Collaborative care-planning and problem solving to find clinical and practical interventions to support complex clients and keep them in the community.
· Providing phone/email support to case managers during the week when needed. Willingness to provide outreach appointments when appropriate.
· Working with clients and families, as well as internal and external healthcare professionals and caseworker teams.
· Supervising psychiatry residents in the role of a preceptor for their Chronic Care rotation