The Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Alberta Health Services Calgary Zone invites applications for the position of anesthesiologist as clinical lecturer at the Peter Lougheed Centre in Calgary.
We are looking for a 0.8 FTE. The starting date for the position is July 01, 2022.
You would be expected to be involved in all clinical areas of the section, including:
1. Clinical anesthesia care in the operating rooms, pre-operative assessment clinic(s), acute pain consultation service, non-OR anesthesia services (e.g. endoscopy, diagnostic imaging, woman’s health outpatient clinics), and obstetrical anesthesia.
2. As a citywide department, there is also an expectation of work at non-hospital surgical facilities including eye clinics.
3. Take an active role in the education and instruction of medical students, anesthesia residents, off service residents, respiratory therapy students, orientees, and other allied health members in both the operating room and other anesthesia service areas.
4. Your call commitment will be consistent with that of a 0.8FTE for the Peter Lougheed Centre, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine Section members.
5. Participate in simulation and team-training exercises.
6. Participate in Section and Zone-wide educational activities (in both presentation and audience roles).
7. Members are required to adhere to Section holiday and time off scheduling practices.
8. All Applicants are to familiarize themselves with the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, PLC Anesthesia Section Policies.