Alberta Health Services, Department of Medicine, in conjunction with the University of Calgary invites applications for a full-time clinical Respirologist with expertise in the care of lung transplant patients.
50% clinical service in all areas of outpatient lung transplant assessment and post-transplant care (except immediate post-op care) as well as inpatient care of transplant complications.
25% clinical service in all areas of general Respirology including ambulatory care, pulmonary function test interpretation, hospital inpatient and consultation (including weekend and weeknight call), bronchoscopy and other procedures.
5% of time will be spent in education in the Division of Respiratory Medicine and Department of Medicine (Fellowship and Resident Training) and the Cumming School of Medicine (Undergraduate Medical Education).
20% of time will be spent in clinical research, quality & safety or administrative duties.
Be an integral part of the Respiratory Medicine team in Calgary, utilizing strong collaborative skills to support and contribute to the overall clinical, research and education mission of the Section.
The Section of Respiratory Medicine at Alberta Health Services - Calgary Zone offers extraordinary expertise and experience. Core strengths and activities include:
· A section comprised of 35 members, both clinical and full-time academic respirologists
· Several complimentary subspecialty care programs (e.g lung transplantation, pulmonary hypertension, TB, interstitial lung disease) and a close working relationship with six thoracic surgeons, chest radiologists and lung pathologists.
· A strong commitment to provide a high level of clinical services for a population of 1.2 million people in Calgary and 1.8 million people in southern Alberta, southwest Saskatchewan and southeast British Columbia for some areas of subspecialty care including TB.
· The section of Respiratory Medicine also provides comprehensive clinical consultative and inpatient services at Calgary’s four adult hospitals.
· An excellent well established Respiratory Medicine residency training program
· World class programs of clinical, population, translational and basic science research
· World class undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate education/training programs
· Opportunities exist for professional development in clinical, education or research domains
· Opportunity to join and work within the University of Calgary Medical group
· It is expected that the successful applicant will be appointed to a full-time Clinical Faculty position in the Section of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine at the University of Calgary.
Alberta Health Services (AHS) Calgary Zone operates five teaching hospitals in the city of Calgary. AHS serves 1.8 million residents of Southern Alberta, Southeastern British Columbia and Southwestern Saskatchewan. The Section of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine provides academic and clinical services in an integrated manner across all of the hospital sites and in several ambulatory care settings. Calgary is a vibrant city (population 1,200,000) situated near the Rocky Mountains, Banff National Park and Lake Louise.
Increasing scholarly capacity is helping the University of Calgary meet its strategic goal to being one of Canada’s top five research universities, where innovative teaching and groundbreaking research go hand in hand, and where we fully engage the communities we both serve and lead. The strategy is called Eyes High, inspired by the university’s Gaelic motto, which translates as ‘I will lift up my eyes.’
For more information please visit the following websites;
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Alberta Health Services and University of Calgary respects, appreciates, and encourages diversity. Position will remain open until filled.