Connect Care is a large provincial AHS initiative to implement a single provincial Clinical Information System across all patient care facilities where AHS manages the patient’s record of care. Connect Care has the potential to truly transform heath care and health care delivery in Alberta, placing Alberta as an international leader in evidence based standardized patient care, increased efficiency and improved health outcomes, and in research.
This position will be critical to support the successful implementation of Connect Care (CC) for Waves 4, 5 and 6 in the Calgary Zone. This impacts physicians included in the launch of CC at:
· Alberta Children's Hospital and Peter Lougheed Centre, June 5th 2021
· Foothills Medical Centre and associated clinics at Richmond Road Diagnostic & Treatment Centre, Cancer Care Alberta, and Southern Alberta Renal Program in November 2021
· Rockyview General Hospital and South Health Campus in the spring of 2022.
This is a connecting role to ensure that physicians are engaged and able to work with Connect Care as each wave launches. Successful physician use of the CC system is vital and the Implementation Lead will have a critical role in ensuring this success. This role is required to begin in as soon as possible, and continue for a minimum two year period, to ensure the successful implementation of Connect Care across all Calgary Zone urban Facilities.
The ideal Implementation Lead should have:
· Strong Change Management skills and experience
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage physicians across various clinical disciplines and locations
· Strong leadership skills
· Ability to work collaboratively with other medical leaders, and Connect Care Implementation leads
· Have already or the ability to establish trust and respect with other physicians.
· Help support physician engagement activities
· Work closely with physicians and medical leadership to identify issues relating to challenges physicians are facing with the change to CC
· Ensure issues are brought forward or escalated as appropriate to medical leadership and the CC Implementation Team
· Facilitate feedback of solutions to specific issues identified
· Leverage lessons learned in each wave in support of medical leaders in subsequent waves