Connect Care is a large provincial AHS initiative to implement a single provincial Clinical Information System across all patient care facilities where AHS manages the patient’s record of care. Connect Care has the potential to truly transform heath care and health care delivery in Alberta, placing Alberta as an international leader in evidence based standardized patient care, increased efficiency and improved health outcomes, and in research.
This position will be critical to support the successful implementation of Connect Care (CC) for Wave 3 on February 27th, 2021 in the Calgary Zone. This impacts approximately 700 physicians included in the launch of CC at:
· All 8 rural acute care sites under the responsibility of the Calgary Zone leadership
· All rural Long Term Care facilities if associated with the acute care facilities
· All 5 Urgent Care Sites within the Calgary Zone
· Limited urban ambulatory clinics and programs
This is a connecting role to ensure that physicians are engaged and able to work with Connect Care as each wave launches. Successful physician use of the CC system is vital and the Implementation Lead will have a critical role in ensuring this success. This role is required to begin as soon as possible, and continue until the end of April 2021 to ensure the successful implementation of Connect Care across all impacted Calgary sites in Wave 3.
The ideal Implementation lead should have:
· Strong Change Management skills and experience
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage physicians across various clinical disciplines and locations
· Strong leadership skills
· Ability to work collaboratively with other medical leaders, and Connect Care Implementation leads
· Have already or the ability to establish trust and respect with other physicians.
· Help support physician engagement activities
· Work closely with physicians and medical leadership to identify issues relating to challenges physicians are facing with the change to CC
· Ensure issues are brought forward or escalated as appropriate to medical leadership and the CC Implementation Team
· Facilitate feedback of solutions to specific issues identified
· Leverage lessons learned in Wave 3 in support of medical leaders and the Implementation Lead in subsequent waves