1. Coordinate PLC Hospitalist Program involvement in Zone Quality Improvement and Patient Safety initiatives upon the request of the PLC Hospitalist Leader.
2. Participate in the PLC Hospitalist Program periodic review process.
3. Assist in the coordination of regular monthly Continuing Medical Education (CME) for the team.
4. Act as alternate chair for site meetings and provide coverage for the PLC Hospitalist Leader as required.
5. Actively promote the development of strong working relationships between the Hospitalist Program and other clinical departments at PLC.
6. Assist in the coordination of resident rotations and student electives as applicable.
7. Attend monthly PLC Hospitalist meetings, Medical Inpatients Section meetings and other meetings as assigned or delegated by the PLC Hospitalist Leader.
8. Participate in the investigation, review, and resolution of patient concerns related to the PLC Hospitalist Service
9. In collaboration with the PLC Site Hospitalist Leader:
• Communicate physician related issues for PLC to their medical leadership team, operations team and membership (up, down and across organization)
• Collaborate with other Calgary Zone physician leaders to develop, implement, and evaluate models of medical service delivery at PLC
• Accountable for training and orienting physicians to PLC
10. Other duties as assigned by the PLC Site Hospitalist Leader after consultation
• 0.1 FTE (4 hours per week)