1. Coordinate RGH Hospitalist Program involvement in Zone Quality Improvement and Patient Safety initiatives upon the request of the RGH Hospitalist Leader.
2. Participate in the RGH Hospitalist Program periodic review process.
3. Assist in the coordination of regular monthly Continuing Medical Education (CME) for the team.
4. Act as alternate chair for site meetings and provide coverage for the RGH Hospitalist Leader as required.
5. Actively promote the development of strong working relationships between the Hospitalist Program and other clinical departments at RGH.
6. Assist in the coordination of resident rotations and student electives as applicable.
7. Attend monthly RGH Hospitalist meetings, Medical Inpatients Section meetings and other meetings as assigned or delegated by the RGH Hospitalist Leader.
8. Participate in the investigation, review, and resolution of patient concerns related to the RGH Hospitalist Service
9. In collaboration with the RGH Site Hospitalist Leader:
· Communicate physician related issues for RGH to their medical leadership team, operations team and membership (up, down and across organization)
· Collaborate with other Calgary Zone physician leaders to develop, implement, and evaluate models of medical service delivery at RGH
· Accountable for training and orienting physicians to RGH
· Other duties as assigned by the RGH Site Hospitalist Leader after consultation
· 0.1 FTE (4 hours per week)