Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.

Pediatric Cardiologist

2020-07-16
Pediatric Cardiology
Full Time Practice
1
Calgary
Alberta Children's Hospital
4836
2020-07-08
2020-07-22  Time: 23:59
2020-09-01
AHS is recruiting for this position.
AHS Sponsorship for CPSA Practice Readiness Assessment is not offered for this position.
Position located in: Calgary Zone To learn more about this zone
Click Here


The Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Alberta Children’s Hospital, Alberta Health Services (Calgary Zone), and the Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary invite applications for a 1.0 FTE position, at the Clinical Assistant Professor level or higher. The positon involves 70% time for clinical activity. The remaining 30% of time is dedicated to administration, research, and education.

The Section of Pediatric Cardiology has 10 cardiologists with subspecialty representation in imaging, fetal cardiology, heart function, transplant and pulmonary hypertension. This alliance facilitates clinical, education and research endeavors.

The Alberta Children’s Hospital services the City of Calgary and the residents of Southern Alberta, Southeastern British Columbia and Southwestern Saskatchewan: a catchment of area of ~ 3 million people. Alberta Children’s Hospital is a free-standing Children’s Hospital which opened in 2006 with state-of-the-art technology for family-centered care, research and education. Calgary is vibrant city of over 1.2 million people. It offers a superb quality of life. Calgary is situated near the Rocky Mountains (Banff National Park), and is rapidly emerging as a cosmopolitan, diverse and cultural center with outstanding green spaces, schools and communities. Refer to the Department of Pediatrics website at www.ucalgary.ca/paed for more information about the Department, its faculty, services, and accomplishments.

Candidates must have the following qualifications: MD, Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (or equivalent) in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology. The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta. The candidate must have Echocardiography Accreditation with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.

The ideal candidate should have strong communication skills and proven leadership in working with multiple providers and teams, academic interests and a strong commitment to education and clinical care.

The successful candidate will become a participating member of the Alberta Academic Medicine Health Services Program (AMHSP). Remuneration for this position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.

Specialist On Call: There is an hourly on-call stipend from AHS that is out of scope of the contract.

The Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits.


Dr. Mark Anselmo

Associate Professor and Head, Department of Pediatrics, University of Calgary and

Alberta Health Services, Calgary Zone

Alberta Children's Hospital

28 Oki Dr NW

Calgary, AB T3B 6A8

Recruiter Contact Points

Phone: 403-955-7802

Fax: 403-955-3065

Email: Mark.Anselmo@ahs.ca

Applicants are to submit three letters of reference and curriculum vitae to Mark.Anselmo@ahs.ca by 22-Jul-20.



AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.

Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!

All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).

Alberta Licensure

Are you eligible to practice independently in Alberta?

Automatic Job Alerts

Set your preferences and receive email updates for postings within your specialty.

International Medical Graduates