· This position provides leadership to the members of the Hospitalist Team for clinical services of patients admitted to the Hospitalist and Sub-Acute programs; the hospitalist team works together admitting, accepting transfer of care, in-hospital care of unattached patients requiring admissions and discharges.
· The position ensures necessary procedures are implemented and followed with patients’ admission and discharge – including ensuring accuracy and completion of notice of admission and discharge prior to patient discharge.
· Provide leadership and direction to the members of the Hospitalist team for clinical services of patients admitted to the PLC program, as well as professional matters relating to quality medical services including patient care, patient concerns, site staffing, education and research, program development, quality improvement and utilization
· Support the goals and objectives of the Department of Family Medicine and Alberta Health Services
· Provide input to the Section of Medical Inpatient Care and Calgary Hospitalist Governance Association Meetings.