Alberta Health Services (AHS) is Canada’s first and largest province wide system responsible for delivering health services to the over four million people living in Alberta, as well as to some residents of Saskatchewan, B.C. and the Northwest Territories. AHS has recently been identified as being one of the top five most integrated health systems in the world. Alberta Health Services has over 110,000 employees and is supported by over 14,300 volunteers and almost 10,300 physicians practicing in Alberta. AHS operates the University of Alberta Hospital, the Royal Alexandra Hospital, seven suburban hospitals within the greater Edmonton Area and collaborates with two facilities operated by Covenant Health (the Grey Nuns and Misericordia Community Hospitals)
The ideal candidate for this important role will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
· MD and/or a PhD with relevant clinical qualifications, skills and eligibility for licensure in the Province of Alberta;
· Experience with, and a belief in the comprehensive clinical care model / patient-centered care;
· Demonstrated engagement, collaboration, and building of transforming teams and networks among stakeholders
· Ability to develop an enhanced research capacity through their national / international reputation or network;
· Broad knowledge of issues and opportunities in psychiatric education;
· Demonstrated leadership in professional organizations dedicated to medical education; and
· Preference will be given to persons with a strong administration background within an academia portfolio.
Details about the University of Alberta, the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry and the Department of Psychiatry can be found on the Faculty’s Home Page at www.med.ualberta.ca. Details about Alberta Health Services and the City of Edmonton can be found at www.albertahealthservices.ca and www.edmonton.ca
Interested candidates should submit an up-to-date curriculum vitae outlining their current clinical and research interests and their leadership experience. Three names of references should also be forwarded. Interested persons are asked to submit their material by end of business on August 31st, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org and through the job posting at www.doctorjobsalberta.com. The ideal start date will be in January 2021, and the posting will remain open until the position is filled
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other persons will be considered.
To assist the University in complying with mandatory reporting requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (R203(3) (e)), please include the first digit of your Canadian Social Insurance Number in your application. If you do not have a Canadian Social Insurance Number, please indicate this in your application.
The University of Alberta and AHS is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University and AHS to apply.