Alberta Health Services, in partnership with the University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, is inviting applications from Adult Psychiatrists to take on the role of Psychiatrist in the Emergency Department of the University of Alberta Hospital (UAH) in the Department of Addictions and Mental Health.
Alberta Health Services is Canada’s largest and only province-wide health service provider, providing care for more than 3 million people. Our multi-disciplinary teams consisting of nursing, psychiatry, psychology, occupational therapy, social work, education, and speech-language pathology provide education and assistance for more than 1.2 million people in Edmonton and surrounding areas.
This position involves working with a dynamic interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary team within the UAH ER.
Reporting to the Facility Chief, Addiction and Mental Health UAH, the roles and responsibilities of this position are:
· Providing psychiatric consultation and management of patients with various AMH related issues within the UAH ER;
· Actively liaising with other hospitals, bed management, day hospital, ACCESS 24/7 and other community resources that will enhance patient care and optimize ER flow within Edmonton Zone;
· Providing care to EIPs within UAH ER during regular working hours;
· Participating in on-call for the AMH UAH site;
· Involve in QI projects for the ER UAH and participate in residents and students supervision/education;
· Using EMR and AHS email.
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate medical students and/or resident physicians and be encouraged to apply for a Clinical Faculty appointment, which will be considered through a process with the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry (FoMD).
The candidate will be expected to be involved in AHS and the University of Alberta program development initiatives and will be required to fully utilize AHS IT systems and processes.