Alberta Health Services is inviting applications for a General Practitioner for an Acute Care Day Hospital located at Alberta Hospital Edmonton.
The General Practitioner recruited to this full time position will require to practice primary care focusing on prevention and with chronic disease monitoring and management.
Specific competencies and skills include:
· Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
· Prescribe treatments or therapies.
· Prescribe medications.
· Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition.
· Analyze test data or images to inform diagnosis or treatment.
· Order medical diagnostic or clinical tests.
· Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results. (eclinician)
· Collect medical information from patients, family members, or other medical professionals.
· Record patient medical histories.
· Monitor patients' conditions and progress and re-evaluate treatments as necessary.
· Monitor patient progress or responses to treatments.
· Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
· Explain medical procedures or test results to patients or family members.
· Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
· Refer patients to other healthcare practitioners or health resources.
· Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
· Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment.
· Train residents, medical students, and other health care professionals.
· Liaise with medical professionals in the community and hospitals
· Promote health education in conjunction with other health professionals
It is also the expectation of this position that the successful applicant will participate in quality improvement initiatives within the program as assigned by and reporting to the Facility and Clinical Department Site Chief, Dr. White.