Alberta Health Services, South Zone is seeking a full-time Geriatrician or Care of the Elderly Physician.
The successful candidate for this position will:
- maintain a full scope of practice including inpatient consultative care;
- provide rural outreach;
- reside in and have as primary residence Lethbridge or surrounding area;
- establish and maintain a full time Specialist Geriatrician practice in the community of Lethbridge;
- obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the Services;
- participation / provision of Geriatric on-call with a call expectation of 1:4;
- participate in quality programs and initiatives.
Chinook Regional Hospital (CRH) is the largest acute care facility in the South Zone. It is located in Lethbridge, AB and is the region's main health care facility. It includes a 24/7 Emergency Department, Surgical Suites, Labour and Delivery, Inpatient Units, Psychiatry, Detox, Dialysis, Cancer Centre, Ambulatory Units, and Diagnostic Imaging.