A minimum of eligibility for medical, dental or podiatric licensure in Alberta, including certification by the College of Family Physicians of Canada, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, the Royal College of Dentists of Canada or an equivalent professional body. At least 5 years' leadership experience in health care operations including three years' experience in a senior leadership role in clinical services or healthcare operations.
Specific Leadership and collaboration skills:
- Project and change management skills;
- Ability to organize self and team members;
- Ability to engage with and manage physician leaders;
- Ability to inspire and influence clinicians and operations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication at the clinical and administrative level;
- Respected thought leader among clinicians;
- An excellent understanding of clinical business processes and workflows. Experience or knowledge about LEAN or equivalent methodologies preferred.
Successful record of achievement as a physician leader, including extensive experience in physician leadership development and service delivery in a large and diverse organization. Demonstrated ability to manage change and create innovative solutions for complex and diverse issues. Effective communicator with strong organizational skills, client focused orientation and commitment to providing long term quality services. The ability to foster partnerships and achieve organizational goals within a large and complex organization.