The Medicine Hat Regional Hospital Emergency Department is currently accepting applications for a full-time emergency physician. The Medicine Hat Regional Hospital is a level 3 Regional Trauma referral centre averaging 39,000 emergency visits per year with a catchment area of 110,000 in South Eastern Alberta. Emergency Department offers 24-hour service with 14 full and part-time Emergency Physicians. The emergency department offers a flexible self-scheduling system.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- 14-15 shifts per month: 6-9 hours duration
- Dual physician coverage during the day
- Respond to in-hospital code blue
- Full service emergency care including trauma and resuscitation
In addition to the roles and responsibilities above, the Contractor shall:
- Establish and maintain a full time clinical practice in the Zone Clinical Department of Emergency Medicine at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital; A full time practice is defined as providing commensurate shifts in keeping with other equivalent practice FTEs as assigned by the medical leader on site in the clinical service;
- Obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the Services;
- Reside in and have as primary residence, in the community of Medicine Hat;
- Meet the expectations for Emergency Medicine practitioners as may be established or directed by an appropriate Medical Leader for the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital;
- Abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, the AHS Medical Staff Rules and AHS policies;
- Work collaboratively within the Clinical Department of Emergency Medicine, Medicine Hat Regional Hospital;
- Participate fully in quality improvement programs and initiatives undertaken within the Zone Clinical Department of Emergency Medicine at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital; and AHS in general, including (without limitation) achievement of certain performance indicators as determined by AHS, exercising its discretion reasonably. The participating physician will acknowledge, actively support, and work towards the expected outcomes measures that in the domains of safety (e.g. adverse outcomes/incidents, effectiveness, and patient and family satisfaction;
- Attendance at meetings as is reasonably expected of any member of the AHS Medical Staff.