As a Zone Clinical Section Chief (ZCSC), you will provide medical leadership and be the face of the Zone Clinical Section of Plastic Surgery. This is a significant position within Central Zone and Alberta Health Services. You will play a key part in the implementation of strategic initiatives that guide our mission and purpose: To provide a patient-focused, quality health system that is accessible and sustainable for all Albertans. As well, you will be leading your physician colleagues and you are often the first point of section issues relating to physicians for operational leaders, and so your ability to build positive effective connected relationships with all staff of the section is crucial.
Although the ZCSC has a number of formal responsibilities under the bylaws, perhaps the most important part of their work is developing a culture of collaboration between department members, between the department and operational staff, and with other departments to ensure delivery of high quality and safe patient care.
- recommending Medical Staff Appointments and Clinical Privileges, as well as changes to Appointments and Clinical Privileges to the Zone Clinical Department Head;
- contributing to development of rules and procedures of the Section in keeping with service responsibilities
- in keeping with the objectives and goals of AHS, assigning duties and responsibilities to members of the Zone Clinical Section, and to promote and represent the activities of the Zone Clinical Section;
- supervising the clinical work of all Zone Clinical Section members;
- assisting in the development of AHS-wide criteria for procedures new to AHS;
- promoting educational programs for Zone Clinical Section members and other staff associated with the Zone Clinical Section;
- developing and promoting departmental research activities;
- ensuring that Zone Clinical Department policies regarding quality of Patient care and safety are developed and implemented;
- performing Triggered Initial Assessments and Triggered Reviews as delegated by the Zone Clinical Department
- assisting the Zone Clinical Department Head in performing Periodic Reviews & Performance Assessment for members of the Zone Clinical Section
- acting as a designate for the Zone Clinical Department Head for those duties assigned to the Zone Clinical Department Head or designate by the Bylaws or Rules;
- work collaboratively with Zone Medical Affairs to develop and maintain a physician workforce plan for the Department.
- other duties as may be delegated by the Zone Clinical Department Head