The Indigenous Health Commitments: Roadmap to Wellness aligns the principles of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and the calls to action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada to provide the framework for this position.
Working with the Provincial Indigenous Wellness Core the successful candidate will be responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of overall strategic and operational plans to support patient focused care programs and their delivery in the Central Zone. This will involve working collaboratively with AHS operational leads in the Zone and IWC, to provide quality, innovative, and efficient health services to Indigenous individuals and communities, including:
- Engaging, and collaborating with Indigenous communities,
- Promoting a culture of safety,
- Advocating for high quality care; and
- Representing the IWC to ensure that Indigenous voices are heard.
- Developing, maintaining, and ensuring compliance with clinical expectations for physicians across the Zone.
- Promoting standards of care and defined health outcomes are being achieved.
- Ensuring effective processes and mechanisms are in place to encourage best practices and improve clinical outcomes /quality.
- Developing effective modes of communication and engagement with physicians and program partners.
- Participating in recruiting, onboarding, and orienting new physicians.
- Participating in probationary assessments, periodic reviews, development conversations and leadership development.
- Investigating patient complaints which concern physician behavior or practice.
- Fulfill clinical duties relevant to Indigenous health.