The Associate Chief Medical Information Officer (ACMIO) is a leadership role that reports jointly to the Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO) and respective Zone Medical Director, and works closely with IT and operations partners. The incumbent will act as a catalyst within the zone medical communities to facilitate the integration of clinical informatics into everyday medical practice, and support clinicians to provide patient-centered and evidence informed care.
The ACMIOs lead, promote and articulate effectively to front line physicians and clinicians, across the care continuum, the vision of the Clinical Information System (CIS) program (including both existing and future CISs), and act as physician champions in the area of clinical informatics. They build, through engagement, collaboration and support, a network of committed and motivated clinical informatics physicians and clinicians. They develop robust, efficient and effective change management processes for incorporating IT, and participate actively in prioritization of strategic and operational initiatives within their respective zones.
• The Associate Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO) is responsible for the recruitment and development of a robust medical informatics team within their respective zones. This team will be directly responsible for informatics leadership in their respective clinical departments, and focused on future CIS implementation.
• This position is accountable for identifying, building and maintaining collaborative relationships with key sector stakeholders, academic partners, and medical communities for the development of effective strategies, education and evaluation processes related to clinical informatics. The ACMIO completes this in partnership with an operations and IT leadership team.
• Through significant interaction with internal and external partners and participants, influences the direction of key initiatives on matters related to clinical informatics and clinical transformation.
• Fosters the innovation and integration of high-quality patient-focused clinical care by establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with senior executives and other relevant partners.
• Active involvement with Connect Care. This includes promoting Connect Care within their respective zone, working with zone medical affairs leadership and clinical informatics team to ensure physician involvement and engagement through design, build, implementation and sustainability.
• Supporting existing CIS (SCM, Meditech, eCLINICIAN,etc) use within respective zones including transition to Connect Care.
• The ACMIOs play a key role on the zone leadership teams, representing the clinical and operational needs in clinical information systems, clinical knowledge and information management, and informatics work in the respective zones.
• Collaborate with clinical operations and zone strategic leadership to support clinical innovation enabled and supported by IM/IT. Chair and/or participate in various senior committees in the respective zones, AHS and external organizations relevant to clinical informatics and clinical information systems development, operations, and support.
• Provide leadership for clinical transformation, education, adoption and optimization of clinical IT and clinical decision support tools.
• Direct and oversee the engagement of zone physicians, and build awareness and opportunities for broad provincial CIS validation for vendor selection and deployment.